What Are Laughter Clubs?
Features of Laughter Programs
- True mirthful laughter in a supportive environment
- A mind-body-spirit program of gentle "laughter" exercises, breathing, stretching, camaraderie.
- Jokes are not used; only the joy of laughter
- Group support lifts the group members' spirits - atmosphere is relaxed, up-beat
- Flexible time-frames
- Good-Hearted Living prevents "Hardening of the Attitudes"
- Relieve stress, depression, anger and anxiety
- Improves enthusiasm
- Increases self-confidence
- Improves health and healing
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improves breathing, arterial blood flow, digestion, sleep
- Adjusts blood pressure and blood sugar
- Relaxes muscles
- Burns calories
- Helps people get along better together
Laughter Club programs provide light-to-moderate exercise for mental and physical flexibility, mood regulation, stress reduction, and an attitude boost. In other words, a Laughter Club is a real therapeutic ally. The programs work well in schools, senior centers, long-term care centers, hospitals, workplaces, fitness centers and support communities.
Marianne has completed the World Laughter Tour prescribed studies and supervised training on the science of laughter and healing-with-laughter strategies, and she subscribes to the Wold Laughter Tour Code of Ethics. If you are interested in having a Laughter Club at your place of business, school, or organization, please call Marianne at 630-444-1801.
The World Laughter Tour was created by Steve Wilson, Psychologist, President and "Cheerman of the Bored."
You can also get more information at www.WorldLaughterTour.com or call