Life experiences often disrupt our sense of wholeness, leaving us feeling unable to find our way back to ourselves. When this happens, our lives and our relationships can become difficult, or even unbearable. We view our work with you as reuniting with that innate wisdom, so you can experience more of the love, connection and happiness that is your birthright. Together we will develop a deep knowing of who you are and what you stand for. We will help you identify and shift patterns that are blocking you from fully accessing your personal power, saying yes to happiness in your life and creating relationships that are nurturing, close and satisfying. We are committed to helping you identify and work towards creating the life you want and deserve.
Individual therapy can help you:
- Develop new perspectives and life skills so that you can free yourself from habitual patterns of anxiety, depression, and self-criticism.
- Reclaim your sense of personal power. Learn to take responsibility and move forward in your life rather than feeling stuck, helpless and hopeless.
- Find ways to relate to emotional or physical suffering so that inevitable suffering brings wisdom & compassion rather than depression & anger.
- Improve the quality of your relationships by developing more life affirming behaviors.
- Provide you with a set scheduled time to attend to your own needs and regain your perspective.
Other benefits of therapy
One main benefit of therapy is that it can help you reach for a life you would more fully enjoy and appreciate. It can support you in becoming the kind of person you want to be. It can also help you to more deeply enjoy your most valued relationships.
You might use therapy to:
- Feel better about yourself.
- Think about relationship issues.
- Feel more at peace.
- Feel more connected with people in your life.
- Reduce stress.
- Work through problems with a skilled & compassionate professional.
- Identify goals for living the kind of life you would like to live.
- Learn new behaviors and/or responses which may help you achieve your goals.
- Become more understanding of your own thoughts, feelings & responses.
- Understand your loved ones better.
- Have a safe and friendly listener; someone who is non-judgmental & supportive.
- Speak with a skilled & interested professional about your fears & concerns.
- Talk in confidence about troubling or private concerns.
- Work towards greater fulfillment and mastery in your life.